Results not filtered by operand1 AND operand2

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Edited Sep 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM
you did a great job with SearchEF ! I'm trying to dive into SearchEF and got a strange issue:

When searching for two operands using "developer AND ASP.NET MVC" I got also entries that contains "developer" but not ASP.NET MVC. I would expected this behaviour when filtering "developer OR ASP.NET MVC".

Data sample:

ID    TITLE                                                                                                                          LOCATION

1      developer wanted with ASP.NET MVC skills !                                                        NewYork

2      C# developers for business software                                                                     L.A.

3      Atlanta based developer with strong ASP.NET MVC 3 skills - asap !                   Atlanta

4      We are looking for a Navision pro in Nashville area                                           Nashville

After applying filter key words the result should be:

ID    TITLE                                                                                                                          LOCATION

1      developer wanted with ASP.NET MVC skills !                                                        NewYork

3      Atlanta based developer with strong ASP.NET MVC 3 skills - asap !                   Atlanta

This is the actually result:

1     developer wanted with ASP.NET MVC skills !                                                        NewYork

2      C# developers for business software                                                                     L.A.

This is my code so far:

public void Load()

app.appEntities _entities = new app.appEntities();

SearchEF.EFTextSearchEngine se = new SearchEF.EFTextSearchEngine(_entities);

List<SearchEF.ISearchResult<T_JOB_SCAN_RAW>> results = se.SearchEntity<T_JOB_SCAN_RAW>(@"developer AND ""ASP.NET MVC""");

}

How to solve this issue ?

Thanks !

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Thanks sharepoint2010dev!

Also, thanks for pointing out this issue. I believe I was able to fix it for you (see latest build).

One note - the search algorithm finds partial matches and not just whole words. So, # 2 would be expected. However, #1 and #3 should have been included twice in the result set with an AND operator attached as you pointed out. 

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

cheers,

jlev